Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Nearest Exit (2010)


Authored by Olen Steinhauer
Original language: English
Genre: Thriller/Crime
416 pages

Weaver's back! Though I haven't read it, seems like this book is an emotionally powerful read. It's pretty hard to find this at bookstores in my country, or maybe it's just because it hasn't been released here yet. I ought to buy this book as soon as it's  released. The curiosity of what's gonna happen next (after "The Tourist") is still swimming in my head :O

"The Nearest Exit" is about Milo Weaver's continuation of life after the events in "The Tourist". He's back in action on the tourism world, after jailed for various charges. Previously he was just a tourist who obeys the rules such as "Do not ask questions. Do not form attachments. Do not look back", he was trained to kill and keep moving. But this time he has to undergo various tests of loyalty, one of which is to kill the 15 year old girl. But for the first time, Weaver doesn't obey the orders.
When a security breach threatens the very existence of Tourism, he has to choose between saving his job, his family, or maybe himself.

In Germany, the book is called "The Last Exit", and translated to German by Friedrich Mader.


I heard that this book is going to be followed by "American Express" or "An American Spy", I ain't really sure about the title.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this book, my friends also said that the book is really good.Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete